At 1,113 metres, Oberon is the highest town in the Blue Mountains enjoying four distinct seasons including perfect summers and intermittent snow falls in winter. We are a friendly, caring rural community with a thriving economy. Our main industries are timber, tourism and innovative farming providing a stable employment base for the town. Oberon’s country lifestyle – clean air, sparse traffic, crisp alpine climate, friendly people, sense of community, safe environment and some the most spectacular scenery in NSW makes it a great place to live and work.
Highland Pine Products (HPP) is a joint venture company between Pentarch and AKD Softwoods. Highland Pine Products employs 225 people and produces dressed timber and treated timber to be used as house frames and trusses.
Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated and diligent electrician who is looking for an exciting challenge.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor you will have experience with providing technical expertise and maintenance support for manufacturing / heavy industry plant and equipment.
Experience with Allen Bradley / Rockwell PLC and Control Logix is advantageous.
The position is key to supporting the production team and improving the plant’s preventative maintenance and reliability programs.
This position also offers an attractive hourly rate with opportunity for overtime.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
• An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
• Preventative electrical maintenance and continuous improvement
• Analysing and rectification of electrical faults
• Investigation, elimination and documentation of VSD faults
• Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
• Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks And the following skills and qualifications:
• Supervisor certificate
• Problem solving skills
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Basic computer literacy
For further information, please contact our recruitment team via email@example.com